The White Barn @ South Farms can accommodate 50 to 200 guests, and larger events when combined with adjacent tenting options. The barns are made up of a series of interconnected indoor and outdoor spaces that have been thoughtfully updated to meet the requirements of today’s special events.
PARLOR – The rectangular 65’x35′ Parlor Room served as the barn’s original dairy cow milking parlor. Today the Parlor overlooks the hillside meadows, offers breezeway access into the Bull Yard, and has an open footprint flowing into the Hayloft Room. The room features rough cut barn wood walls and trim accents. The center 16-foot high ceiling is covered in reclaimed metal roofing, a prominent natural light-filling cupola, and custom designed up-lighting within antique steel accents. Seated dinner receptions typically take place in the Parlor.
HAYLOFT – The 40’x40′ Hayloft Room was formally used as the main Northern Hayloft in the barn. This voluminous room features 50-foot ceilings and an open wraparound mezzanine overlooking the main floor and offers views across the Parlor. The room is finished in barn board, reclaimed aged lumber from the barn’s original horse stalls, and metal roofing accents. Along the entire height of the southern wall is the exposed original post and beam framing illuminated by discrete architectural lighting. A heavy wood-beam and steel staircase trimmed out with accents from the farm’s grain auger leads up to the second floor. In the center of the room hangs the barn’s original Louden hay carrier, re-purposed into a timeless chandelier. This grandly detailed room is often used as the dance floor area during events.
BULLROOM – The 25’x36′ Bull Room is the oldest, original room of The White Barn featuring post and beam construction, weathered patina metal roofing, and two sets of oversized sliding barn doors that open into both the Bull Yard and Courtyard. The Bull Room of course once housed the homestead’s three resident bulls. Along the Northeast wall you can still see the sliding door channels that were raised by pulleys to let the bulls roam out of their stalls into the pasture. Today the Bull Room showcases our rustic custom built bar, which is the main attraction during cocktail hour at the barn.
LOWER CEREMONY BARN “AKA STONE BARN” – The South Farms Stone Barn is an intimate seasonal ceremony space that seats up to 125 guests and allows 150 with some standing. This partially sub-terranean stone walled structure is crowned with a 30-foot long poplar tree chandelier and arched pendant Edison bulbs creating a dramatic and unique setting.
KITCHEN – COMING SOON…
HOSTING AN EVENT
Capacity and Rental Period
The White Barn and its adjoining Parlor, Hayloft, and Bull Rooms can accommodate events ranging in size from 50 to 500 guests. Parties over a certain size may be required to supply a rented tent and to secure valet parking and additional portable toilet facilities.
100 - 175 guests can fit for a seated dinner in The Parlor Room of The White Barn. Events over 175 guests can be accommodated by tenting off of the White Barn. We can provide pricing on tenting options to suit your needs. Note that if the event has more than 200 guests, valet parking and additional portable restroom facilities may be required.
Event/Wedding Rentals at South Farms are booked in 12 hour periods because we understand you/your planner/caterer need to get in to the space to setup. If you need additional hours before/after the scheduled event, we will work to accommodate your needs but reserve the right to bill at $500/hour as necessary. Most events run for 5-6 hours from roughly 5/6pm - 10/11pm, therefore the space rental would run from 11am to 11pm for example. We recommend events in the later months/off-season begin earlier and wrap earlier to limited day light. We do our best to be flexible to accommodate early setup times and advanced drop offs. Renters must comply with the Town of Morris’ sound ordinance of no amplified sounds after 11pm.
To accommodate weddings over 150 guests and events over 250 guests, additional tenting may be required. For events planning on utilizing our exterior space(s) for ceremonies/cocktails, a rain plan is required and may involve insurance tenting. As a general rule, if expecting 150+ Guests, insurance tenting is required for rain only if your event relies on outdoor ceremony and/or cocktails. Between 125-150 guests, tenting is optional but recommended. Below 125 guests, rain tenting is not required. South Farms tenting partner is Tents Unlimited, Torrington, CT (860)496-8882.
Catering @ South Farms
South Farms does not provide in-house catering but we take great pride in offering the best catering options in the area, and can custom match you to a caterer who will suit your needs. We seek out caterers who source ingredients as locally as possible sometimes even from our own farm! Below are some guidelines to help you best budget for your big day.
Although the details of your menu(s) will be determined at a later date, we recommend budgeting an average of $150 per person plus tax and tip to include food, staffing and kitchen rentals (Note: estimates based on parties of 100-200 guests). Prices increase based on choices as far as ingredients, menu, presentation and staffing. If there is a budget in mind, we highly recommend communicating this so we can help match you with an appropriate caterer who can custom build a menu around your requirements. There are a range of options and pricing from food trucks to bbq to farm-to-table five-course seated dinners.
Please note that these numbers are estimates and general base numbers to help get you started. All the caterers we work with will want to meet you in person and hand tailor a custom menu specifically for your event.
South Farms does not allow outside caterers who are not on our “approved list” without written permission. We typically charge a fee for first-time caterers to the space, and require them to tour the space prior to the event.
Beginning in 2018, South Farms offers exclusive in-house beverage service. From signature drinks to specialty beers and wines, our beverage specialist will work with you to design a custom bar to meet your needs. Our licensed bartender will even serve up the drinks from our own rustic wood bar! Packages start at $20 per person for beer/wine and $35 per person for full bar.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
- Exclusive use of the courtyards and lawns surrounding The White Barn for you and your guests.
- The barn and ceremony area accommodates 175 guests at maximum, more with adjacent tenting.
- Breathtaking lawn ceremony space overlooking pastoral fields and/or use of the lower stone barn for ceremonies 140 guests or fewer.
- Large indoor/outdoor cocktail area surrounded by flower beds and sweeping vistas of the property (renter may tent the courtyard if they wish; required for ceremonies over 150 guests pending weather).
- Outdoor gaming on the lawn — bring your favorite lawn games!
- 1-hour rehearsal the day prior to your wedding at a time to be agreed upon in advance with your the SF events team.
- Use of South Farms signature rentals including but not limited to: 8’ farm tables (20), white wood folding chairs (200), mismatch wood chairs (175), rustic bar (2), large wood serving table (one in hayloft, one in connector room), 8’ catering prep tables (5), 12’ antique wood farm table, misc folding garden chairs (20), large victorian sofa and cocktail barrels fixed on upper level, etc.
- Access to private green room on upper mezzanine level, comes equipped with sofa, mirrors, and sliding privacy door.
- Rustic-chic washrooms adjoining the main Parlor/Hayloft space (3 stall women’s room; 1stall/1 urinal men’s room).
- Wheelchair accessible washrooms and entrance to the barn.
- Endless photo opportunities including numerous barn structures, endless vistas, Galloway cows, silos, wildflower fields, two bridges, a pond, and endless scenic trailways.
- Access to our preferred vendors list with referral assistance.
- Beverage Service including custom-built rustic bars (2), two craft beer taps, and bar service. See South Farms beverage package(s).
- Antique and repurposed chandeliers, bistro strand lighting, and exterior landscape lighting.
- Sounds system with speakers throughout venue.
- Layout assistance including set-up and breakdown of tables/chairs/bars. South Farms staff liaison will be available to greet rental drop-offs a day or two prior to event date, and place tables/chairs in custom layout prior to arrival of catering team.
- On-site facilities personnel to adjust lighting, look after restrooms, facilitate catering questions, etc.
- In-house liaison who can provide planning guidance and custom referrals. We do allow third party wedding planners as well, and require an onsite coordinator contact for the evening of your event.
- Ample parking surrounding the barn (100 spots). Parking assistance during guest arrival provided. Additional parking is available at an additional fee.
- Optional: Transportation to and from the ceremony space for elderly guests by golf cart (extra fee).
- Optional: Bonfire weather permitting (extra fee).
List of Add-On Services
Optional – In house wedding coordination and Day of wedding coordinator includes:
- Email, on-site and phone meetings as required
- Schedule and Table layout guidance
- Walk-through with you and you caterer prior to event.
- On-site coordination of vendors, maintaining schedule, final set-up, and ceremony.
Pricing available on request.
Optional – In house Floral Design Services and Decor including prop rental, installations and overall design concepting. See: www.sarahwordennatural.com
Pricing package does not include: tax, optional gratuities, catering (food or staffing), dessert/cake, photography, printing of invitations/menus, special lighting, liquor/bartending, optional rentals, personal planning, onsite ceremony coordination, etc.
South Farms reserves the right to veto some activities that may be too dangerous, conflict with area regulations, are limited by insurance restrictions, may be damaging to the buildings or grounds, or are disruptive and/or destructive to the environs.
21 Higbie Road
Morris, CT 06763
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR MAILING LIST
Site Design: Dog & Pony Design